fot

[FOT] Update on MOTRAH-007 (from the Austin-Healey side of the fence)

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [FOT] Update on MOTRAH-007 (from the Austin-Healey side of the fence)
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 20:37:56 EST
Here is some more excitement on the MOTRAH 007. This comes on the heels of
the news of James Bond and his lovely wife Denise attending MOTRAH.

I remember reading somewhere that John Sprinzel did some rallye or someother
competition work in a TR4. This note from Jeff John seems to confirm that.

If you dont plan to race, show your cars. This is getting to be more
organized on the autocross & show front, based on the note.

Joe Alexander

Hi All,
    Just some updates: John Sprinzel and wife Caryl will be attending MOTRAH
007, he is very excited about coming and will be happy to tell a couple
stories at the banquet if we would like. He is open to us using him in anyway
we
want for this event,so ideas are welcome, such as an autograph session for both
Kas and John? Certainly we should get both Kas and John into the pace cars. I
had forgot that although John is known for his Sprites he also had a fair bit
of seat time in a TR4. Also he tells me Ms. Andress visited his Mini show room
in the 60s! I will write an updated release in January for MOTRAH 007
announcing Kas and John's attendance. (John says hi Kermit.)
    The Minnesota Healey Club and Minnesota Morgan Club have officially
agreed to co run the car show. They are making trophies and ballots and will
run it
from beginning to end... all we have to do is make sure an area is reserved
for it. I will get to the track early in an attempt to reserve this area.
    Joe and Kermit, what time do we want the car show, gymkhana and Rally?
The Minnesota group have requested that the car show they are responsible for
be
sometime on Saturday as many wish to travel the 300 + miles home right after
the MOTRAH race (on Sunday I presume).

    I am usually a pretty conservative guy but there sure seems to be a lot
of excitement for MOTRAH 007 and folks are really getting into the theme. I do
hope we have good weather.
    Respectfully,
        Jeff