fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 STEERING RACK MOVE

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 STEERING RACK MOVE
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:53:53 -0800
Moving it forward won't have much effect. A car has zero bump steer
with the wheel centered if the outer tie rod pivot is in line with an
imaginary line drawn through the upper and lower outer suspension arm
pivots, the inner pivot point is in line with the inner pivots
points, and the angle of the steering link intersect the instant
center (the point where imaginary lines drwwn through the centerline
of the suspension arms intersect. Raising and lowering the rack has a
profound effect, as does changing the linkage angle or the location
of its pivot points, but forward and back don't have much effect.