fot

Re: [Fot] TR4/4A badge bars

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR4/4A badge bars
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:48:20 -0800
Controllers were always the weak spot for hot cars. I tried to build
a transistorized one, but didn't really know enough to do it right.
Had the right idea though--use the controller variable resistor to
control power transistors. Unfortunately my funky electronics usually
quietly expired just when I needed them most--when I was trying to
crank it up to "eleven". Now you can buy controllers the size of a
postage stamp that witll control 30 amp brushless motors. Thank god
we didn't have those motors back then. We would have been killing
people with runaway cars.