fot

[Fot] tuning lever shocks

To: "FOT List" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] tuning lever shocks
From: "BOB KRAMER" <rkramer3@austin.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 20:46:21 -0600
I've been playing around with the collection of old Armstrong lever shocks I
have collected over the years. I have found that the heavy duty versions have
a blue outer spring with 2 thin washers and the inner spring is turned down a
few turns. The standard springs seem to be a gold outer with much less tension
on the inner and only one thin washer under the outer spring. The valve itself
seemed identical in my samples. I haven't asked Apple if they sell these parts
separately yet but I plan too. Do we have any other sources for shock parts?

Bob Kramer
rkramer3@austin.rr.com