fot

Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 2, Issue 16

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fot Digest, Vol 2, Issue 16
From: "Joe Guinan" <joeg@neb.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 21:03:25 -0600
I've been in contact with a gentleman from Reading, PA who is embarking on
the journey toward racing Triumphs.  He's first tackling an HP class
Spitfire (limited prep 1500 I think) for SCCA and then will start on a TR6
for Vintage Racing.  The name is Scott Cypher - email is scypher@usa.com.  I
just bought some Spitfire 1147 engine parts from him on eBay and we started
talking about this stuff.  I'd like to ask for him to be included in the
FoT, and would appreciate a second and a welcome from the group.

Joe Guinan
Fremont, Nebraska

------------Message From Scott Cypher---------------------------------------
With respect to racing, I have yet to race my triumphs.  I have had a street
TR6 since I was 21, various street spitfires in the middle years, and now a
street TR7.

The plan is complete and race my 1973 MkIV 1500 spitfire in SCCA HP class
this year.  It's a former FP race car that started being raced in 1978, and
raced in various courses in the southeast and has sat idle for a number of
years.  I have all the mechanical work completed, I now have to put it back
together, with driver's school planned for March/April.  During the upcoming
winter I plan to convert my TR6 to vintage race TR6.  I have a friend who
races VSCDA, so I plan to join him for a few races out in the Midwest.