fot

Re: [Fot] Summers Brothers Axle Failures?

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Summers Brothers Axle Failures?
From: "Scott Cypher" <scypher@usa.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 09:38:19 -0500
I've been speaking with Chuck Feller the past few weeks, and he is building
me a set of summer brothers/Feller axles, like he did for his son, Tom, and
others.  When I spoke to him earlier this week, he and Summer brothers were
discussing into this situation across the pond, and indicated one set that
failed was a very early design with thinner axles, and the other was a stock
axle (I think that's what he said).  In any event, he and summers are
working up a slight modification, based on these incidents, from the last
set he put together.  I'm having him build 1500 axles for me, which are
longer than the 1300 axles he has built before, so I'll let anyone
interested know how they come out.

Thanks

-S