fot

[Fot] Dumb shock question of the day

To: "FOT" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Dumb shock question of the day
From: "Martin Sukey" <trmarty@glwb.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 12:59:04 -0500
I went out and started tinkering on the TR6 yesterday. I guess cabin fever
is finally setting in. I am installing my new Konis and have a bit of a
dilemma.  The shocks are externally adjustable so the rod has been bored out
and the flat on the top of the rod thats on a regular shock has the little
flat on it that you would use to hold the rod stationary is now an insert
that rotates. The threaded portion goes all the way to the end of the rod so
there is nothing to grab. The shock is supplied with a nylon inserted lock
nut for clamping the top of the shock down. Anybody have any suggestion as
to how to hold the rod stationary so that the nut can be threaded on and
tightened up? You cannot get to rod from underneath. The only thing I
thought of is to dump the nylon lock nut and go buy some conventional nuts.
Naturally the thread is a 12mm x 1.25 so nobody around my area has them on
the shelf (at least nobody open on a Sunday). The solution is probably
really obvious and I will feel humbled when you point it out to me.
Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,

Marty