fot

Re: [Fot] Fw: Fwd: Cars & ice ... ice wins, sometimes ... "WINTER"

To: Jim Cun <jimcun2001@yahoo.com.au>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fw: Fwd: Cars & ice ... ice wins, sometimes ... "WINTER"
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 06:13:05 -1000
That kind of thing happens at least once a year in Portland. we call
them Silver Thaws locally, though it seems like a particularly stupid
name--neither silver nor thawing. I returned to Portland once after a
business trip and found my car in the parking lot looking exactly
like the picture. took me a good hour to get the door open and the
exhaust clear. I started the car, turned the heater to full blast,
and went back to the airport for breakfast. the heat loosened the ice
enough so banging it cracked it and I finally got on the road--which
of course was covered with ice and abandoned cars

Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com

bnj  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

  Subscribe to Ponohouse  -- living and playing in Maui. Or paste
this in your browser: http://feeds.feedburner.com/PonoHouse

  Subscribe to AllAluminumTour  -- touring and racing classic North
American tracks in a custom Airstream trailer. http://
feeds.feedburner.com/AllAluminumTour