fot

[Fot] Delrin Rocker Arm Spacers maybe not...Lessons Being Learned

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Delrin Rocker Arm Spacers maybe not...Lessons Being Learned
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 09:45:51 EST
FOT List:

Yesterday, I said I made some Delrin Spacers and offered to ship them to
those interested.

Ted Schumacher sent me a note indicating that he had an experience with doing
this.  According to Ted, a combination of sustained heat and oil causes the
Delrin to soften and distort. I will run them in my own car(s) for awhile, but
I dont expect my outcome to be any different than Ted's.

I will go looking for another material, in the meantime.

Sorry for the confusion....

And thank you to Ted Schumacher for the kind note!!!

Joe Alexander