fot

Re: [Fot] 2008 Zippo feature

To: JWoesvra@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] 2008 Zippo feature
From: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 08:27:35 -1000
It's sounds great, though it's certainly not Triumph's 75
anniversary. I wish they were doing it this year--it would be a nice
element for the All Aluminum Tour. The theory is that next year will
be All Aluminum Europe (though we'll see how that pans out, it might
be All Aluminum Divorce Court)

It's hard to say how old Triumph is. If you go by the continuous
history of the entity (which is the usual approach) it started in
1897 as the Triumph Cycle Company, making bicycles, which makes it
110 this year. Motorized vehicle production started in 1902 as
Triumph Motor Cycles and the first car, the 10/20 was built in 1921.
None of those dates yields 75 years in 2008 (1933).

The only date NEAR 1933 that I can find is the company changed it's
name to Triumph Motor Company in 1930.

Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com
bnj  Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

You can subscribe to my Blogs
Via email:
All Aluminum Tour: Touring and racing classic North American tracks.
http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=168395
Ponohouse : Living and playing in Maui. http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?
Sub=168304

or Via RSS