fot

Re: [Fot] Driving Music -Text to Speach angle

To: Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com>, Randall <ryoung@navcomtech.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Driving Music -Text to Speach angle
From: mark eginton <dobrosailor@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 08:24:37 -0700 (PDT)
Another angle; I just completed a run at an MBA and discovered text-to-speach
programs with the AT&T voices. Personally I like "Crystal" to read to me,
definitely worth the additional cost!!! It was a great way to reduce downloaded
articles and anything in virtually any format to audio using a laptop. I even
ran it through the stereo as I have a 50 min drive to work each way. Turned 10
hours a week of down time to study time.

  Coupled with a Sprint type of Cellular internet card for the laptop and it
will even read all the drivel we post from your Outlook emails while you motor.
Its completely compatible with Outlook and will work through your email.

  Cheers,

  Mark Eginton at a new email address...

Bill Babcock <billb@bnj.com> wrote:
  As soon as i get to it I'm going to put a "Books on Tape and Paper"
section on the blog too. Diane and I are both voracious readers and
listen to books on long drives when we aren't doing music. The
ultimate, in my mind, is "Snows of Kilimanjaro" read by Charlton
Heston. Short, but an absolute must a few times in your life.

I should explain perhaps that I'm a longtime iPOD junkie and while my
CD collection still exists, I listen to music and books on tape via
various MP3 players. Audible.com is a great source for MP3 version of
books.

Bill Babcock
billb@bnj.com
bnj Website for Babcock & Jenkins, a direct and interactive agency

You can subscribe to my Blogs
Via email:
All Aluminum Tour: Touring and racing classic North American tracks.
http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?Sub=168395
Ponohouse : Living and playing in Maui. http://www.feedblitz.com/f/?
Sub=168304

or Via RSS