fot

Re: [Fot] titanium rods

To: "Bill Babcock" <billb@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] titanium rods
From: "Scott Janzen" <S.Janzen@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 08:04:43 -0400
Bill's description of the MV parts reminded me of the discussion I had
yesterday with someone who works on my cars occasionally but mostly works on
Alfas. The gist of it was that with British cars the whole is far greater
than the sum of the parts, whereas with most Italian designs, that is
usually true but the individual parts are often also beautiful examples of
industrial design and craftsmanship in their own right.   That is not
something you would say about most of the castings or forgings on a British
car.  Of course, this characteristic of Italian cars is imbedded in the
whole culture and has been for 1000s of years.  Think of those marvelous,
perfectly executed aqueducts that are still standing with a perfect pitch of
inches over a mile.

Not to diminish my charming British cars at all, as there are no Italian
cars in my garage these days, but two Triumphs!