fot

[Fot] First TR3 drive of the season.

To: "fot" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] First TR3 drive of the season.
From: "Terry Stetler" <tlizzard@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 20:40:31 -0400
Well...

I finally got my street TR3 out this weekend.  She languished most of last
year with a battery problem, an Optima no less, so I called the shop where I
purchased it and they swapped it for a new one, very cool.  Popped it in on
Saturday and took an exploritory first drive.  All was good.

So..

This morning I awoke early and drove the TR3 12 miles to my habitual Sunday
breakfast spot.  After an old fashioned way too big American breakfast, I set
out from Perrysburg Ohio along the Maumee River to Defiance Ohio.  A beautiful
twisty drive on state and county roads.  the morning chill warded off by my
inordinate caloric intake and my A2 flight jacket. ( I never put the top up.)

What a sweet car the TR3 is.  A real car.  One you have to drive, not just
operate.  Everything from the concise instruments to the delicate drift of the
tail through a sweeper, to the intake bark of the Weber carbs brings you back
to what driving is all about.  Only a motorcycle is a more visceral experience
than this.

I come up on a rubber bumper MGB (why on earth did they keep making those
things?) that is taking it's good time, I casaually move the fingers of my
left hand to the OD switch, drop down to normal and let 2185cc's do the
talking.  The hapless MG becomes a spec in my mirrors.

And so it went for just over 100 miles.

Life is good.

Terry Stetler