fot

Re: [Fot] Car Club Question

To: marty sukey <trmarty@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Car Club Question
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:20:08 -0400
Our non-denominational British car club buys a million dollar
liability policy each year for around $600.  We were concerned that
VTR or Austin Healey club policies would not cover us since only a
portion of the organizing group is with one of those clubs.  Our
policy limits us to non-timed events, such as shows, tours and
gimmick rallys.  Should any of us want to do an autocross or TSD
rally, we would likely "hire" our local SCCA region to put one on --
we've never felt the need, though.

Our group has no official formal structure.  Our member attorneys
felt that the insurance would sufficiently shield the organizing
committee.

Brett Johnson
Indianapolis