fot

Re: [Fot] Badly Behaving Ford Explorer .....Any Ideas ??

To: "Bill Babcock" <billb@bnj.com>, <Group44TR7@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Badly Behaving Ford Explorer .....Any Ideas ??
From: "Charly Mitchel" <charly@mitchelplumbing.com>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 07:18:06 -0800
We had a similar problem in a van and it was a loose wire on the fuel pump,
the forward one.  It seems it has 3 fuel pumps, one in each tank and a main.
In another van we had a problem where the van would start and not run.  If
you held the rpm's up after it started it would be good once it warmed up.
We had to wait until the check again light came on to register a code.  it
was easy after that, a $20 part.  There are about 40 $20 parts(sensors) on
this motor.
Charly Mitchel
TR6 #44