fot

[Fot] enclosed trailer setup advice

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] enclosed trailer setup advice
From: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 22:06:56 -0500
Amici,

I have just upgraded the trailer to a 8.5' x 16' enclosed trailer, not the
biggest I know, but perfect for the spitfire.

What it's got:
A workbench at the front with a shelf above it and room for stuff below it
A space on the side next to the work bench to strap the rolling tool box to the
wall
A rack for 3 5gallon fuel jugs
A tire rack across the back by the ramp door (holds 10 spitfire tires)
2 4' fluorescent fixtures in the center
1 2' fluorescent under the shelf for the work bench
2 electrical outlets
A small generator to run the lights etc.
standard stuff on the door to hold oil, spray cans, paper towels etc.

My questions are:
Does anyone have good tips on how to store stuff in the trailer, maybe some
photos of how you store some spares or have stuff setup. (list of spares is:
engine, gearbox, bell housing, various gaskets, u-joints, bearings, electrical,
some suspension bits).
I have not mounted the winch yet.  Any suggestions?  I've though of putting it
under the floor and just feed the cable up, but you lose the accesability to
the free wheel option.
Some ideas for outside lights would be nice?
Where can I get a FOT decal to throw on the outside to go next to the Spitfire
1500 sticker and the SCCA sticker :)
Up until now, I've either had a single axle open trailer (remember that piece
of work Bill?) or the trailer that had the box in front.  All of that stuff was
in tubs, I'm wondering if there is a better method to the madness.
cheers,
Aaron Johnson
#87 HP Spitfire 1500