fot

Re: [Fot] Nick Heidfeld F1 on the Nordschleife

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Nick Heidfeld F1 on the Nordschleife
From: "David W. Riddle" <dave@microworks.net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2007 21:34:20 -0700
It wasn't and BMW was intentional not running the car at speed.

Here was the write up that ITV did on the run

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=39093

"...Heidfeld was instructed not to take any risks
and to slow for photo calls on each of his three
laps, so his best lap of 8m34s  more than two
minutes shy of the outright track record  was
not indicative of what a modern F1 car might be capable of.

The ride height of the F1.06 was raised for
maximum ground clearance on the uneven surface
and the car was fitted with unusually hard demonstration tyres.

Despite short gear ratios Heidfeld clocked 170mph
the long Dvttinger Hvhe straight  but admitted
he was itching to take the car closer to the limit.

Id really like to have emptied the [fuel] tank, he said..."