fot

Re: [Fot] Gearbox mounts

To: hottr6@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Gearbox mounts
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 15:05:44 EDT
Shane,

I made Derin (acetal) rear motor mount for our TR4 tranny.

It is the size and shape of the tranny mount pad, drilled through the
crossmember and secured with bolts and fastened with Nyloks with no compression
on
the Delrin.

The front is stock mounting pieces with the TR4 Torque Reaction Arm that
limits the EXTREME rotation of the engine, which occurs at FULL OFF throttle
and
braking following FULL ON  throttle.  The TRA does a good job of dampening &
limiting the rotation of the engine.

Like I told Henry, everyone seems to have a different experience, but this
works for me. I got tired of failures.

If enough folks are interested in a CoPoly Tranny Mount, I likely could
produce in quantity. My first one was was done with a circular saw and drill.

Joe (A)

> Henry,
>
> I've been looking for polyurethane engine and gearbox mounts which
> would seem to solve most of our issues.  No luck.  You'd think this
> could be a good breadwinner.
>
> Shane Ingate in Md
>
> >Has anybody else been having issues with the current crop of gearbox
> >mounts? I am getting two events until a rubber in the mount turns to
> >goop.

   </HTML>