fot

[Fot] Cam Bearings

To: Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Cam Bearings
From: Jari Tabell <jari.tabell@pp.inet.fi>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 10:19:19 +0300
Yesterday I took my Spitfire for the first track outing with a newly
rebuilt 1147cc engine. After a few sessions the valve clearances started
to increase a lot, and it appeared that the camshaft had started to
grind itself downwards in the block.

The camshaft is of large diameter type (1.965" journal dia) running
without separate cam bearings. The bore in the block is now something
like 0.04" oversized vertically...

I'd like to keep this block though, as it just received a bit expensive
re-sleeving. Replacing the camshaft is no problem.

Any suggestions how to proceed? Does anyone know if the cam bearings
from any other engine would fit the large diameter camshaft? The
cylinder block could be line bored to fit those.

Regards
Jari
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/jtabell/