fot

Re: [Fot] Rod Bearing issue

To: Jim Prettyleaf <jprettyleaf@yahoo.com>, Fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rod Bearing issue
From: mark eginton <dobrosailor@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2007 05:13:41 -0700 (PDT)
Has anyone had an issue with new rod bearings being oversized? I had a crank
reground, admittedly it is at the top of the range but it is still within spec
- 2.055" (30 under for a stock 83mm motor). When I plastigage the bearings they
come in well under .001 clearance. Got the bearings from Brit parts NW.

  Anyone ever take material off the back? All my years of building engines,
this is the first time I have ever seen something like this...

  Mark