fot

[Fot] MOTRAH

To: "'FOT'" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] MOTRAH
From: "Tim Murphy" <timmurph@fastbytes.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 19:15:34 -0500
Ryan and I had a great time at MOTRAH.  We were fortunate enough to be
paddocked next to Jack and Tony Drews and Kieth Files on one side and John
Fridirici on the other.  Nice to be among so many Triumphs.  And all nice
company.  It was interesting to watch Jack's perseverance in keeping the car
going and the wizardry of Jon Woods on Keith's car.
    Our first time at Road America and it is a looong track.  Realized that
the 4.3 to 1 rear end, even with an overdrive just can't quite do it at RA.
Maybe a little lack of top end power didn't help either.  But, while we're
learning and getting some "seat time", reliability is our main criteria.
Can't get "seat time" fixing the car in the paddock.  The only "fix" I had to
do was tighten the "fan" belt!
    Also got to meet some great people.  Bill Babcock took the time to give
some history on Peyote.  Was great to see him running so well.  Met Kas and
Peg for the first time, what nice people.  Had the opportunity to indulge in
the wine and cheese party, although I think we missed the West coast cheddar.
    All in all a really terrific weekend.  Thanks to Joe A. and the others who
organized it.

Tim