fot

Re: [Fot] Video for in car filming

To: "'Bill Babcock'" <billb@bnj.com>, "'Geoffrey Byrne'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] Video for in car filming
From: "Don Carter" <don@carterdesignassociates.com>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 18:31:05 -0500
Bill,
Thanks for the camera info.  Unfortunately, I got maybe 5 times this amount
invested in a Cannon digital with a hard drive that plays beautiful with
direct connection to my TV and digital projector.  The problem is that it
keeps turning itself off after a few seconds into an autocross.  I have it
mounted on my bumper support on the passenger side of the car with regular
hard tripod mounting system.  (I wanted to be safe you know).  Do you think
vibration is the culprit here?  It runs great as long as I'm holding it. It
was really embarrassing at our regional event when I thought my first
capture of my first run from my low slung mounted bumper camera would show
how exciting the almost 1 mile long autocross was....but alas...it recorded
only my take off.  My old analog Sony with a super8 tape recorded an
autocross better.  This Cannon is light and takes great movies and stills.
Do you think I need to mount it in foam and duct tape it to the bumper?

Don W. Carter, AIA
Carter Design Associates
6213 Skyline Dr., Suite 100
Houston, Texas 77057