fot

[Fot] Southwick Axle bearings

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Southwick Axle bearings
From: "Joe Boruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2007 02:37:29 GMT
Does anyone have the bearing number or know what vehicle the bearings fit for
the Southwick converted TR3/4 rear axles?  I have the number at home, but am
up in Maine for a few days and want to see if I can pick one up at an
autoparts store.  One seems to have a lot of play (did not get a chance to
measure it).  I had a problem with a lot of caliper knock-back (I have rear
discs too) a few weeks ago and finally got around to checking things before
hitting the road for the week (and forgot to take the # with me).  Had no
initial pedal going into the corners, but I also ran my fastest laps at Lime
Rock (1:00.98).  Guess I don't need so much brakes after all.
I have 6/1000 run-out in one rear hub flange (did not measure the end float,
but guessing it is over 20/1000").  That 6/1000 run-out at the hub is
translating to 12/1000 at the rotor.   I may also have a bent axle or
Southwick hub, but did not hit anything that may have caused that.  A few
weeks ago was my 1st time out this year and I did not have such problems last
year.  Later this week I can get the axle on centers and see better what is
going on, but want to be sure to have a bearing just in case.  Joe(B)