fot

Re: [Fot] Was Beaverun, now Mosport

To: "Henry Frye" <henry@henryfrye.com>, "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Was Beaverun, now Mosport
From: "Russ Moore" <rem9@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 17:06:28 -0400
I second the motion. I would have been there but for the poor judgement of a
Sprite jockeyess last year on turn eight. The car is still in progress. I
hope to have it back in time to run the September Mosport event and maybe
VSCDA's event at MidOhio. I have boycotted MO for the past number of years
after experiencing their jack booted security gestapo, being fleezed for
motorhome parking in the mud, and being yelled at by morons. It's my
understanding all has changed. From Bill Dentinger's description, their
event is quite the opposite of my past experiences out there. Bill's word is
good enough for me.
******
At Mosport, the whole combination of turns from 1 thru 5B is just fantastic.
No other word for it. Turn 2 is said to have given a number of folks new
found religion the first couple of times through.

The track is wonderful, the Canadian hosts are spectacular and the
hospitality is top shelf. There's a whole different attitude north of the
border and it's one I wish would return to some of the larger corporate
sanctioning bodies here. That and the seat time is twice as much as some
corporate held venues.

Russ Moore