fot

Re: [Fot] Joe's Velocity Stacks

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: [Fot] Joe's Velocity Stacks
From: "SHANE Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 12:16:43 -0400
Joe,

That sounds like a terrific idea, , and one that I would buy a new set.  It
would be really cool if the horn radius was larger, much like the neato-SU
horns:
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecId=1257
It is important not to have stacks that bolt to the DCOE (like the previous
link); they need to be a slide-in fitting because that is what holds the
choke in place.  Alternately, a 2-piece stack could be made - a collar that
holds the choke in place, and then the radiused horn.

There are a couple of subtleties that you should be aware of.  The K&N
filter bases do not have wide enough holes for the stacks to fit.  At least
with the PAECO stacks that I have, there is a collar on the stacks that are
for the screw-on tabs to hold the stack in place; this collar prevents the
K&N filter base from seating correctly.  I enlarged the holes in the base
plate to accommodate the collar.  I can take a photo of this if my
description has you confused.

Here is another idea for you.  How about an airbox for triple DCOEs?
Richard Good has them for his Stromberg/SU manifolds, but not Webers, so the
market appears open right now.

Great stuff Joe, keep the products coming!

Shane

http://www.goodparts.com/shop/index.php?categoryID=4