fot

Re: [Fot] Amount of front and rear negative camber?

To: lang@isis.mit.edu, jimhearn1@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Amount of front and rear negative camber?
From: "S. Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 09:56:35 -0400
FWIW, I run -1 front, -2 rear.   I use 1/8 front and rear toe.  Factory
caster.

Shane Ingate, still packin' and chuckin', in Maryland

On Wed, 8 Aug 2007, jim hearn wrote:

>On a '74 TR6 being used for autocross (no street use at all), what is a
>suggested initial set up for the amount of negative camber front and rear.

The answer depends on your tires.

If you run bias-ply slicks, you can run close to stock settings (-1.5
front, -.5 rear) providing you have a lot of roll stiffness.

If you run radials, you want more than those numbers by about another
degree or so. The difficulty in the front is getting more negative camber
due to limits in the suspesnsion design. The rear is easy.

>Thanks, Jim

regards,
rml