fot

[Fot] Uncle Jack's Con-Rod Conversion for TR3/TR4-1st use

To: chris@tr4-racing.de, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Uncle Jack's Con-Rod Conversion for TR3/TR4-1st use
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 10:19:40 EDT
FoT,

The lightweight performance con-rods from Uncle Jack went through one
strenuous race weekend, including an Enduro.

Normally, I mostly use modified stock TR parts, but this was intriguing to
me.

Outcome:   Successful!!!!

No unusual wear pattern with narrower big end.
FoT Chris German did this first and had the same experience.

Lighter Weight than Stock
Lower cost than Carillo
Designed for high HP
Low Cost Clevite 77 Bearing Shells ($12.50 per four)

Required special spacers at the small end to centralize
Required adjustment in Oil Pressure to get back to Spec at gage.
Required different grind on journals....needed grind anyway.

I think the spacers could be made of Nylatron and supplied to a nominal size
and cut, by user, to suit various Piston Configurations. My Opinion.

Certainly seems worth considering. The AMBRO will get them, eventually.

Joe A
TR4 #197

I am sure I am missing a couple items here, but clearly it can be done.  I
will continue to monitor the results with great optimism.

   </HTML>