fot

Re: [Fot] Adjusting valves

To: jim hearn <jimhearn1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Adjusting valves
From: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 18:23:02 -0500
Jim,

If I'm reading my cam spec sheet correctly, I'm running 254 degrees of
duration. Valve lash is currently .016" for exhaust and .015" for
intake. When I first installed the cam, it was recommended that I run
.022" exhaust and .020" for intake but the valve stem ends began to
show severe wear.
Hope this helps.

Allen

On Aug 24, 2007, at 3:30 PM, jim hearn wrote:

> It has been suggested to me that the valves on my '74 TR6 may need
> other
> than the stock settings since it has a hotter cam.  I don't know what
> the
> cam is but it is definitely a hotter cam.  I have only had the car a
> short
> time so my primary mission is to make sure there are no extraordinarily
> tight or loose valves.  May be I could get a feel for the general
> settings
> and take any tight or loose ones to that settings.
>
> [demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type application/ms-tnef which
> had a name of winmail.dat]

Jody & Allen Washatko
N65 W5567 Columbia Road
Cedarburg, WI. 53012