fot

Re: [Fot] TVR (was - Devin Body on eBay)

To: lang@isis.mit.edu
Subject: Re: [Fot] TVR (was - Devin Body on eBay)
From: "Shane Ingate" <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 14:39:51 -0400
Bob Lang wrote:

>On the other  hand, TVR owners are even more iconoclastic than Triumph
>owners.

I spend a lot of time hanging out with TVR owners here in Maryland, which
is probably TVR Central in the US.

They are a great bunch of guys because they resemble the Pantera owners I
hung
out with when I had the Big Cat on the track.  (Classic) TVR owners see the
engine bay as being right for ANY sort of transplant, and certainly
small-block
Ford crate motors are a great match and lighter than the boat anchor in TR6s
and
the wretched Essex V6.  They have a great "can-do" attitude and though they
will constantly deride the build quality of the cars, are ferociously loyal.

One of my mates, Lenny Renkenberger, has the parts to build a widened TVR
Vixen
with a blown and sprayed 427.  His goal is to reply to questions of "What
will
it do?" is to say "I'm too scared to find out".  This from a man who was a
pro
drag-bike racer running in the 8s.

The only problem with TVR owners is that they are always covered in
fiberglass
dust; they make me itch just looking at them.

Shane Ingate

PS I'm shipping Rags to NM with Intercity.  I took a picture of it ready to
roll,
and you can see it at http://hottr6.blogspot.com/.  And yes, it is sitting
high
on the short springs (due to me casting off nearly 400 lbs) and the rear
camber
needs to be set.