fot

[Fot] 1147 Crank Seal

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] 1147 Crank Seal
From: Jay Creel <jaxonracing@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 17:36:50 -0700 (PDT)
Hey FOT,

  I have located and purchased an 1147 crank for my race car, there is a
difference from the crank I had before in that on the flywheel end of the crank
there is a "scroll" (looks like threads so as it rotates it returns oil back to
the block) in the fat end.  It appears that this design would "sling" the oil
back into the block, but I am not sure of the purpose.

  My question is, does this type of crank design use the same rear seal as the
crank without the "scroll"??? Or do I need a different type of seal??

  Thanks
  Jay