fot

[Fot] Looking for used SU needles

To: FoT <fot@autox.team.net>, dmo <osternd@copper.net>
Subject: [Fot] Looking for used SU needles
From: "J.C. Hassall" <jhassall@blacksburg.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 19:02:11 -0400
Amci,

A friend of mine is trying to fine-tune a set of HS6 SUs he has adapted
to his hot TR6.  He's looking for a used set of SU needles (pls see his
note below).  Pls respond directly to osternd@copper.net, not me (let's
eliminate (figuratively speaking) the middle man).

Looking for SU Needles

I'm trying to do an SU HS6 conversion on my '76 TR6 and am in need of
some needles for modification. Wonder if anyone might have a set of used
ones that they would like to part with. Surface condition is not too
critical as they will be shaved down, but do need to be straight. They
also need to be the spring loaded type, 0.100". I modified a set of BDB
needles but went a tad too far and am running a bit richer than I would
like. For some reason, it seems to be easier to go richer than leaner!
The profile ended up being similar to a BCM needle, though richer. So,
anything leaner than BCM or similar should work.
--
J.C. Hassall
Blacksburg  VA