fot

Re: [Fot] [Fwd: Re: TR6 gearbox]

To: greg <gtlund@cyberspeedway.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] [Fwd: Re: TR6 gearbox]
From: fpspitfire@insightbb.com
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 11:12:41 -0500
The Big TR's (and MGB, and a few others) were allowed 5 speeds because every
other car in EP was given a 5 speed, this might have also coincided with the
combination of C/D/E production.

There is no precedence in the small bore classes for gearboxes other than the
original forward speeds.  This was evident when they did a carte blanche move
of the MGB to FP a couple years ago.  The original move received much badness
(me included as I was running F at the time) and the decision was made to
remove the 5 speed allowance for the MGB.

FWIW, I don't think a 5 speed is necessary...the 5th gear would be 1st and it
would be a pit/paddock gear and nothing more.  It might help save the clutch a
little bit, but I wouldn't use it on the track.

Aaron