fot

Re: [Fot] Shipping cars

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Shipping cars
From: "Steve Belfer" <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:54:28 -0700
I used Fedex (custom critical) formerly passport, to ship my TR3 from Toledo
to Glendale, CA.
2500 bucks, skilled drivers and it only took about 4 days.  The Triumph was
too narrow for their open transporter which would have cost half the price.
Also, we put a few extra cyl heads in the car and some various other spares.
They have GPS and are always glad to tell you exactly where your car is
currently located on the map.  It wasn't cheap but good to go with an
insured and bonded company to ship my TR.  After 40 years of open
trailering, the car deserved a nice ride.  Unfortunately it cost almost as
much to ship the spare engine, trans, diff, and all the other goodies
seperately through Yellow Freight.

~Steve