fot

[Fot] Replacement to Silent-bloc on TR3A Steering Assembly

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: [Fot] Replacement to Silent-bloc on TR3A Steering Assembly
From: N197TR4@cs.com
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 22:59:01 EDT
FoT:  TR2 3 3A 3B  Owners & Racers

I just completed a production run on a new design for the OEM rubber imbedded
pivot pin. It is different than the original Silent-bloc design....hopefully
a big improvement. No rubber from Taiwan and all of the resistence that goes
with it.

(Yes, I am aware of the Stainless Steel Pin and Bronze Bushing design that is
available)

This one is another design...similar but different.....hopefully as good or
very close.

Lower cost, in any case.  Targeted at street TR3s distributed through one or
more of the 'big three'.

If you want to hear more, contact me directly for description and pictures. I
have a pilot run done and looking for feedback. I thought about doing this
for a very long time, and then got sufficient encouragement to follow through.

Of course, I am going to install it on my own TR3A and study it for changes
in steering effort and road feel.

Joe A

N197tr4@cs.com

   </HTML>