fot

Re: [Fot] Rear spoiler on a TR6

To: vintage.racer@comcast.net, jimhearn1@comcast.net, FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] Rear spoiler on a TR6
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 11:53:40 EDT
In a message dated 10/02/2007 10:48:32 AM Central Daylight Time,
vintage.racer@comcast.net writes:

> If I recall correctly from a road test article about the Porsche 911 with a
> deployable spoiler, it actuated at 60 mph which is the speed they felt it
> would begin to have an effect.  I doubt most vintage race organizations
> would allow a rear spoiler.

Most vintage groups don't want fender flairs, I doubt they will allow a
spoiler.  I would be against allowing them.

My wife has a very early Chrysler Crossfire (two digit serial number).  It
too has a rear spoiler that pops up automatically at about 57 mph.  It looks
really neat, but I have no idea how effective it is.

Bill Dentinger