fot

Re: [Fot] Previous brake problem

To: "'Friends'" <fot@autox.team.net>, "'Triumph'" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Previous brake problem
From: "Don Carter" <don@carterdesignassociates.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 14:31:20 -0500
A month or so ago I had requested ideas for possible causes for left front
wheel being the only front brakes I had on my TR6.  Several of you told me
it couldn't possibly be the PDWA switch, which I thought might be the
culprit since I believed it could restrict the fluid from flowing to that
wheel.  Obviously wrong when looking at the fluid path through the PDWA
block to the front brakes.  All of you were right-on with that advice!!!

I turned my attention to the only other thing I believed could be
wrong....the recently installed right caliper itself.  When on the rack,
both front brakes stopped the hand spin of each tire and wheel.  Even though
all parts were new in the entire system, from the MC to the braided ss brake
hoses to the calipers and pads, the only parts that were remanufactured by
the parts supplier were the calipers.  I let my wife down from the lift, and
bought another set of calipers.  Now under hard braking, both wheels  bring
you down together.  Just thought you guys would like to know that you
certainly helped to solve another of my simple mysteries.  Parts, whether
new or remanufactured, once again has proved to me that they can be faulty.
It must not take much to restrict the flow of brake fluid.  Thanks again for
your help.

Don W. Carter, AIA
Carter Design Associates
6213 Skyline Dr., Suite 100