fot

Re: [Fot] overdrive pressures

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] overdrive pressures
From: "Terry and Cindy" <Roadandtrack@bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 12:07:49 +1000
Road & Track
66 Pine Mountain Road
North Ipswich, Qld 4305
Ph 07 3201 8866
Fax 07 3201 7079
www.roadandtrack.net.au

-----Original Message-----
the response is governed by the internal dashpot valve springs and the
"z" passage size. This is the tiny orifice going to the solenoid. You
need to increase its size to about 3/32". You also need to reduce the
clutch travel to about 0.30" by shimming it forward and making the same
adjustment to the back bearing. This is very difficult with new clutches
as they are commonly out of round. We re-machine them to make them
perfect so we can handle such small clearances. The other upgrade is to
fit a hardened steel insert where the sun gear squashes into the alloy
clutch housing. Provided its not falling apart, the stock clutch lining
is perfectly OK--it is used behind big V8's so no TR will ever worry it.

There are several variations in the J type internally, so giving much
more specific advice will require more info
Terry O'Beirne