fot

Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4

To: "Richard Taylor" <tarch@bellsouth.net>, "'Bill Babcock'"
Subject: Re: [Fot] dual circuit brakes on a tr4
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:57:45 -0700
When you stopped the car before jacking it up to test the wheel rotation the
pressure was retained by the valve from that last braking effort.  If you
just pound your fist on the top  (side) of the tire that will knock the pads
back a bit and everything will be just dandy. The same thing happens when
the car is running down the road, the bumps and side effort onto the tread
keeps the pads back. The valve wants to help you not get pad knock-back.  It
works, kind of.