fot

[Fot] tr 3/4 brakes

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] tr 3/4 brakes
From: "Steven Preiss" <spreiss@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2007 19:43:47 +1100
Is there a published detailed explanation of the state of the art brake
hydraulic system for these cars? I know that there are many elements of the
system that have not been touched on in this thread, and that the overall
performance depends on total engineering (been studying Lotus literature!).
All things working in consort, I'm beginning to understand, from the
coefficient of friction of the pedal pads to the stiffness of the front
spindles to the tire compound, and everything in-between. Guess that's what
makes building an effective racing car such a demanding (and rewarding?)
undertaking, and also explains the appeal to many of spec racing.