fot

[Fot] Fwd: RE: Veteran's Day

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Fwd: RE: Veteran's Day
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:50:19 -0800 (PST)
Note: forwarded message attached.
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:49:47 -0800 (PST)
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Subject: RE: [Fot] Veteran's Day
To: Richard Taylor <tarch@bellsouth.net>

Richard: Still have my kun#cap hanging with my dress greens in the closet with
a pair of boots, one set of jungles and one of deserts. What is it that some
things we never get rid of? Funny, today on the radio I hear everybody saying
it's Veteran's Day. People remember it as a bank holiday and not Armistice Day.
As a kid back home, on the 11th hour, of the 11th day, of the 11th month, the
sirens would blow and the church bells would ring. Today people curse it
because they're not going to get their mail!
  - Ed

Richard Taylor <tarch@bellsouth.net> wrote:
  As a Korean War vet (11th Airborne) I dug up my old kun-cap for show and
tell at the office. Airborne wasn't issued flying saucers. Any of you guys
remember that old stuff?

Richard L. Taylor

Subject: [Fot] Veteran's Day

Surprised no one has said it yet but...Happy Veteran's Day to all the other
veteran's on the list! And a belated (yesterday) Happy 232nd Birthday to all
the Corps veteran's!
-Ed Barnard
Fot mailing list
Fot@autox.team.net