fot

Re: [Fot] Veteran's Day WWII Memorial

To: <greenman62@hotmail.com>, Richard Taylor <tarch@bellsouth.net>,
Subject: Re: [Fot] Veteran's Day WWII Memorial
From: Tom Householder <trhouse@greenapple.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:54:32 -0500
on 11/12/07 9:20 AM, greenman62@hotmail.com at greenman62@hotmail.com wrote:

> Sure... 1505s... "Lifers", Blue wool shirts (they made a comeback in the late
> 60s USAF)... tech school down the road at my old man's Alma Mater (Chanute)...
> My Chief Observer at Shaw AFB trying to catch my trainer and I napping during
> a midnight shift by climbing up the shaky weather tower's escape rope...
> getting half way up and being treated by a shower of cold coffee for his
> troubles. "Gee, Sgt. Kemp (not his real name) we didn't know you were there!"
> Sitting in the quiet darkness of a Phillippean night on a loading dock taking
> a break from editing weather reports with my friends... and suddenly being
> scared to death when a rice bug the size of a Buick smacked into the steel
> door behind us...
>
> Life was tough at the sharp end of the sling psychrometer.
>
> 'Now back in the brown shoe days..."
>
> Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
>
> That's not a leak... My car's just marking its territory...
>

>> From: tarch@bellsouth.net
>> To: BillB@bnj.com; edwardbarnard@prodigy.net; fot@autox.team.net
>> Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 08:58:14 -0500
>> Subject: Re: [Fot] Veteran's Day
>>
>> As a Korean War vet (11th Airborne) I dug up my old kun-cap for show and
>> tell at the office.  Airborne wasn't issued flying saucers. Any of you guys
>> remember that old stuff?
>>
>> Richard  L. Taylor
>>
>> Subject: [Fot] Veteran's Day
>>
>> Surprised no one has said it yet but...Happy Veteran's Day to all the other
>> veteran's on the list! And a belated (yesterday) Happy 232nd Birthday to
> all
>> the Corps veteran's!
>> -Ed Barnard
>> Fot mailing list
>> Fot@autox.team.net
>> Fot mailing list
>> Fot@autox.team.net

There was a story in the local paper on the WWII memorial for those who are
or have friends /family WWII vets. check this site for there existence there
if not there see that they are honored by having there names registerd.
http://www.wwiimemorial.com

also see "Names still Absent from WWII Registry" article ... Columbus
Dispatch  Nov 11. 2007 (OHIO)