fot

Re: [Fot] under hood temp control

To: Kas Kastner <kaskas@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] under hood temp control
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 17:07:09 -0500
Kas wrote:

> Most obvious is the blocking
> up of the hood hinges so that the back lip of the hood has a gap to provide
> an exit for hot air. That also vents to a low pressure area when you have  a
> full screen.

I did this with my Pantera, using rubber draw-latchs that
accommodate a lot of alignment error, and raising the hood 3/4".
I achieved more than 20C temperature differential using this
technique.  The latches are pretty inexpensive, like this from
Pegasus:
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecId=772

Yes, I know, the Pantera motor is in the back, but the radiator is in the
front
with very little area to vent the hot air.

Shane Ingate in NM