fot

Re: [Fot] 1st Annual Eagles Canyon CVAR Race

To: igofaster@charter.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] 1st Annual Eagles Canyon CVAR Race
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 20:11:39 -0800 (PST)
Bobby: Congrats on a "clean drive". I saw you moving to and from the grid
yesterday but never had a chance to catch you and say hello. You were quite
lucky not to be pitted on the hill...you got the full brute force of that 45
mph wind up there. BTW, other FOTer's present were John Price with his TVR and
Joe Hovey and myself, both carless. I think we're goin enjoy this track once
they grow some grass on those hills.
  Ed Barnard

igofaster@charter.net wrote:
  Good day to all! CVAR had the first official race at the brand new racetrack
here in North Texas. FoT had three Triumphs in our 'Triumph Row'. Bob Kramerand
his TR4, Tom Young with his TR3, and my GT6+.
First, we had misty rain most of saturday but sunday cleared up nicely although
windy.I'm still in training as a Novice 2 but boy... what a NICE track. Several
elevation changes of 70 feet or so with lots of twisties. The track is 2.550
miles around and very challenging. Rookie as I am, I managed NOT to spin at all
for the weekend as it was my main goal as I had spun twice at TWS last month.
Thanks to Bob Kramer for the way cool FoT stickers! I also survived with no
incidents, no mechanical issues, and still grinning over my GT6+!
Take care all,
Best regards,
Bobby Whitehead
#54 CVAR GT6+