fot

Re: [Fot] TR6 rear Hubs ?

To: spyderweb@uwalumni.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fot] TR6 rear Hubs ?
From: Richard Good <goodparts@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2007 18:13:38 -0500
My hubs are not related to SNG Barrett's.  I was not aware of theirs.
Can anyone elaborate on their design?  Mine use a sealed double row ball
bearing like you would find in a common front wheel drive hub.  The
wheel flange presses into the ID of the bearing then the drive axle goes
through the splined hole in the wheel flange with a big nut on the
outside.  The bearings are housed in custom machined steel hubs that
bolt into the trailing arms.  Should be bullet proof.

I am currently looking into offering the same hub with heavy duty
u-joint axles in lieu of the CV's for a lower cost option.

Regards,
Richard Good
Good Parts