fot

[Fot] TR3 Cam Core plug install

To: "Friends of Triumph" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] TR3 Cam Core plug install
From: "Steve Belfer" <colordog.1@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 07:26:51 -0800
Just got a new dish-shaped cam core plug from Moss for my fresh engine
rebuild.
What's the step by step technique to putting one of these in?  It can't be
very tough but I've never been tought the technique.
Here's my common-sense guess for how to do it.

1, of course, make sure the hole is clean and the surface is smooth.

2, rough up a little for the epoxy to grab

3,  apply JB weld to the inside of the hole (don't get it on the cam
bearings)

4.  Gently tap the dish shaped plug (dish outwards) with a big socket into the
hole. How far?  until it settles up against the ledge?

5.  hold a wooden handle as a drift on the center of the dish

6.  give it a good whack to expand the plug in place

7.  JB weld the edges.

Whaddya think gang?