fot

Re: [Fot] roller rockers and head flow

To: <tr6racer21@earthlink.net>, "roadandtrack@bigpond.com"
Subject: Re: [Fot] roller rockers and head flow
From: MARK J WEATHERS <markjwea@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:19:11 +0100
I seem to remember having to move the  centerline of the bore next to the
distributor gear over by .010 for clearance when I put .875 lifters in my TR6,
might want to check this.

Mark Weathers> From: tr6racer21@earthlink.net> To: roadandtrack@bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 21:32:51 -0500> CC: fot@autox.team.net> Subject: Re:
[Fot] roller rockers and head flow> > If you look at the TR6 block from the
front with a stock lifter installed> in #1 with out the cam installed you will
see that the cam bore is inboard> somewhat and the lifter tilts in toward it.
I will get some info together> on the lifter sources and will also be meeting
with my machinist the first> of the week and will get some figures on the
program that we worked on to> get this done...Chip > > > > [Original Message]>
> From: <roadandtrack@bigpond.com>> > To: <tr6racer21@earthlink.net>> > Cc:
<fot@autox.team.net>; Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@bright.net>; Richard> Good
<goodparts@verizon.net>> > Date: 1/3/2008 6:48:54 PM> > Subject: Re: [Fot]
roller rockers and head flow> >> > chip, > > thanks for the info about the
lifter bores. Can you or Ted confirm if the> non-verticality is a factory
machining error or deliberate. I have never> done this on TR blocks, so I've
never had cause to look that closely. I> had located some very light 22mm
Toyota ones (o.866"). What model Ford uses> a nice light solid lifter of
0.875"???> >> > can you share with us some data on the sorts of cams you are
sucessfully> running with these bigger lifters.> >> > thanks, Terry . > >> >>
> -- > > No virus found in this incoming message.> > Checked by AVG Free
Edition. > > Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.17.13/1207 - Release