fot

Re: [Fot] Roller Rockers/Valve Lash

To: Allen Washatko <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Roller Rockers/Valve Lash
From: Greg - Lunker Hilyer <lunkercars@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:32:50 -0700
I'm also interested in any input from the list. When installing a
TR-666 Isky I was shocked with the recommended .028" [hot] lash.
Convinced that it was a misprint, I called their tech line and was
assured this was the correct  number. Then at the very end of the
conversation the tech happen to mention "oh yah, all of our lash
specs are +/- .010" in actual use" !!!
I sure wasn't going to experiment with .038" or anywhere near. Even
at .018 the clatter sounded pretty extreme to me. I've been running .
015 with no apparent problems. I mentioned this to our Larry Young
who tried explaining to me how my adjustment was slowing
acceleration. I thought my tighter adjustment would be of benefit as
it would be giving the valve x amount more lift.
I'll look forward to more info.
Greg Hilyer
TR4 #314
Albuquerque NM