fot

Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Mounting

To: <triosan@gmail.com>, <awashatko@wi.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Fuel Cell Mounting
From: Shane Ingate <hottr6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:44:40 -0500
Chuck Arnold wrote:

> As to the fuel cell...  His boss flipped a car with a
> cell in it once, and the cell tore loose from he kind of straps you have.
> They really need to be bolted tight with no slack in the claping.  A roll
> over can be real vicious.

Great balls of fire, Batman!  Thats one area that I figured that if I
engineered  it better than stock, it should be good to go, but this has
given me grounds for pause.

In my setup (impossible to see in the next pic)
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3911/2002/1600/FuelSafe.jpg
I borrowed a trick from the bolt-in rollbar crowd and sandwiched
the sheet metal holding the braces between 1/4" steel thick strapping.
I'm no-longer convinced that this will prevent 150 lbs of cell and fuel
from wanting to leave it's cosy little home during a hard roll.

Thinking cap on!

Shane Ingate, retreating to his Batcave, in NM