fot

Re: [Fot] Measuring crank end float / main cap torque?

To: "Mark J Bradakis" <mark@bradakis.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Fot] Measuring crank end float / main cap torque?
From: "WILLIAM TOBIN" <william.tobin3@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 14:31:40 -0500
Hi, a couple things:
I have a bunch of machinist items, including dial indicators, that I can
part with if any of you guys need anything.
Also, even as we speak (sorry Johnny) there is a TR6 Repair and Operation
Manual on e-bay. I have a a copy myself and it's very good. There's a good
section on how to check and adjust crankshaft end-float. It can be checked
in the car, but only be adjusted with the pan off.
Ted Schumacher gave me some pointers about end-float adjustment that were
very helpful. It's quite an important spec. Thanks, Ted.
I think Kaz may have covered the subject in his books, also.
Take care and stay warm.
Bill Tobin TR6  Erie, PA  (Darned cold here!)