fot

[Fot] Neat link for figuring engine stats

To: FOT <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Fot] Neat link for figuring engine stats
From: EDWARD BARNARD <edwardbarnard@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2008 20:49:02 -0800 (PST)
Listers: Since this summer I've been in the process of working on my now 17
y.o. son's first car, a '72 Datsun 240Z. First thing we did was pull the stock
motor and tranny and installed a fuel injected '77 280Z motor and 5 speed.
After that was running great we turbocharged it with a turbo from a Cummins
Turbo Diesel. Not really the best choice but I picked that turbo because they
can be had cheaply. After I got all my plumbing issues squared away I can dial
in 12 lbs of boost and this things a rocket. I will admit that when this kicks
in at 4000 rpm this old man gets scared. He is now building up the original
motor into a normally aspirated 240Z stroker (240 with a 280 crank and flat-top
pistons). In his wandering through the net he stumbled upon the link below for
figuring engine stats. It is geared for the Z cars...all the pre-loaded info is
Z related, but, you can say "other" and put your own stats in and figure out
your own needs. Give it a try. I plugged in some TR
 info from some motors I'm currently building and the numbers are interesting.
  Just thought I'd share this with you all. - Ed
  http://www.ozdat.com/ozdatonline/enginedesign/